What you will need:
Brown paper grocery bags
Paint or markers
1. With Paper bag folded flat, cut in half
2. Open the bag and cut an opening to create the stable.
3. Using Construction paper, copy patterns from the following links to create your manger scene. Use as many of the patterns as you want to include in your project. Links:
TIP: I DID NOT COPY THE PATTERNS...I COPIED THE PICTURES AND LET THE STUDENTS COLOR THEM AND THEN GLUE THEM ON CONSTRUCTION PAPER AND I LET THEM CUT THEM OUT. IT WAS MUCH EASIER!
4. Color patterns appropriately.
5. Cut pattern and fold on dotted Lines. Stand the paper and animals up in and around the stable.
6. Use Star pattern and glue on the back outside wall of the stable; use glitter or glitter crayons to color the star.
Variations to the is project: Listed are just some of the ways to elaborate on this project:
1. Sequins on the wisemen
2. Cotton balls on the sheep
3. Cloth on the people
4. Yarn on the manger
5. Color stable
My Class really enjoyed this activity. The Director at my parish also thought it was a great idea and she grabbed a few of them for her own grandchildern.
Please if you have any questions or comments or would like to post to the blog, please feel free to contact me via email, my blog, or facebook.
ALL PHOTOS WERE TAKEN BY KELLY GRIFFITH. C/O2013